NetBSD: Recent Changes and News
On this page you will find a summary of significant changes to NetBSD. For those interested in every change to the source tree, there is no substitute for subscribing to the source-changes mailing list. Significant news related to the NetBSD Project is also included here. Changes to pkgsrc are also listed here. All of this information is also available in rss/xml format.
- 16 Nov 2023 - New Security Advisory: NetBSD-SA2023-007
- 05 Nov 2023 - NetBSD 10.0 RC1 is available!
- 01 Nov 2023 - New Developers in October 2023
A security advisory was published:
- NetBSD-SA2023-007 multiple vulnerabilities in ftpd(8)
The NetBSD project is pleased to announce the first release candidate of the upcoming 10.0 release.
The NetBSD project is pleased to welcome the following new developers:
- Jeandre C. Kruger (login: jeandre), who will be working on wifi.
- Theodore Preduta (login: theo), who will be working on kernel, linux and emulation.
Six security advisories were published:
- NetBSD-SA2023-006 KDC-spoofing in pam_krb5
- NetBSD-SA2023-005 su(1) bypass via pam_ksu(8)
- NetBSD-SA2023-004 procfs environ exposure
- NetBSD-SA2023-003 Structure padding memory disclosures
- NetBSD-SA2023-002 Various compatibility syscall memory access issues
- NetBSD-SA2023-001 Multiple buffer overflows in USB drivers